Sunday 15 June 2014

Crossing the Seas – an attempt to live again… I by Aditya Acharya.



  • Book: Crossing the seas - an attempt to live again... 
  • Author: Aditya Acharya.
  • Publication House: Dream House.
  • Category: Fiction.
  • Rating: 3/5

 
Story-in-Short: 

Trust… The five letter word which defines ‘Life’ that connects a person to another. It’s the only reason why we live, why we have been blessed with this life. We get to cherish it, feel it in our heart, and when need be… fight for it. 

But, are the limits of law stringent enough to overpower your trust and love?? Or are you willing to take a risk into the unknown when someone very close needs you?? Would you let go of your wordly possessions and jump into the well of death?? 

CROSSING THE SEAS tells you the story of three people who try to win each other from the jaws of the untrustworthy life. The story which raises the bar for trust and courage. 

“I know what you are trying to ask me.” – Aryan said without looking at Mikash and Nidhi. “But before I answer that, I want you to ask yourself a question.”

He looked at them both. Nidhi’s beautiful facewas basking in the moon light and her eyes sparkled while Mikash looked as lost as a small boat far away in the ocean. And then, he asked them,
“If I were in your place, what would have you done?”

In My View:  

I am done reading Crossing the seas – an attempt to live again by Aditya Acharya and here's my review.

The book introduces Aryan, Nishi, Nidhi and Mikash. Aryan is a cool, good looking chap and Nishi has a crush on him. On the other hand, Mikash and Nidhi too love each other. Basically, Nishi has feelings for Aryan and this is known by almost everybody. Nishi does Aryan’s assignments at times and also helps Aryan. Knowing about Nishi’s feelings for him, Aryan too loves and cares for her. But Aryan avoids being into a relationship. That’s because he has gone through a dark past and doesn’t wants that to return. Mikash and Nishi on another hand like each other. Both of them narrate their love story to Aryan. And what happens next? I won’t reveal much as you’ll have to explore the further happenings yourself. 

The story, in my words, is good. The dialogues and discussions that take place between them too are interesting. The story catches a reader’s interest quickly but simultaneously the errors in the book reduce that interest bit by bit. 

Overall: The cover of the book is not that good. The title is perfect. The story is interesting but the narration style could have been better. The initial and final parts of the story are good enough. 

Drawbacks: At many places there are spacing errors. There is no space between two words in the book. This creates a lot of irritation in the course of reading the book. Every time the story involves a reader in it, this error comes and creates distraction. This seriously should have been avoided. Two statements don’t have close quotes. In a sentence, the word ‘bitch’ is written as ‘beach’. Also, in many sentences Ellipsis marks (...) are unnecessarily used. All these mistakes could have been avoided. Editorially, I found the book week. I am very sure that these things will be kept in mind by the author during all his future projects. 

The story, apart from these mistakes, is interesting but these errors tend to easily draw a reader’s attention from the book. 

Considering everything, I would rate the book with 3/5. My best wishes to the author. 

NOTE: A reviewers copy of the book was sent by the author. I would like to thank him for the copy!


4 comments:

dfdsf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dfdsf said...

Hello all ...ADITYA ACHARYA here.

I really am sorry about the spacing errors but my manuscript did not have any. Had there been any spacing errors then our dear friend MS WORD would have immediately prompted me and i would have corrected it.
Anyways, if there are any spacing error printing mistakes, i guess i will have to take up the blame.

imprince said...

I Am Not A BookOHolic, But Your Reviews Always Encourage Me To Adopt This Habbit Of Reading. A Very Unbiased Review With Strong Viewpoints.

Unknown said...

Quite an awesome stuff..
The ending was so good..I just hope more such stuff are.produced!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow me on FACEBOOK