Tuesday 29 July 2014

Vis-à-vis with author Ayaan Basu.



He is not a new face in the literary industry. He is an IT professional and a passionate author. Every story of his has a new concept and he has proudly contributed to several anthologies. The News-O-Holic and Suyash's Corner interacted with author Ayaan Basu. Following are the transcripts of the interview. 

  • Author Mr. Ayaan Basu.

Welcome to the News-O-Holic and Suyash’s Corner, Ayaan. The last time you interacted with me was on The Columnist and you are a known author. Still I would ask you to say a bit in your introduction. 

Thanks Suyash, glad to be interacting with you again.

I am an IT professional and an author from Kolkata, currently residing in Bangalore for little less than a decade, balancing my time between two professions now, along with my frequent backpacking and other NGO works.

Ayaan, your journey in the field of writing began with a poetic anthology and then we had a full-fledged novel Ami, Kolkata and Confessions. What would you like to say about this journey of yours? 

The journey till now has been filled with many ups and downs but indeed a very educative one where every single day I learnt something new from my surroundings.

Being an engineer by profession when did you actually realize that you have an author hidden in you? 

I used to write for Statesman Vibes on behalf of my school in Kolkata days - first in English and then poems in Bengali Magazines. Now it’s English & Bengali both for me. There was no realization in particular but initial appreciations from parents, school teachers and friends gave me the push to move one step further and here I am.

Your debut novel Ami, Kolkata and Confessions received an appreciating support from your readers. Tell us by when will we be having a sequel of it?

The sequel is ready and just going through pre-publishing work since I have experimented a lot with the subject of the story in terms of narration and the theme  keeping today’s dynamic readers in mind but the book is  expected to be in store in next 6 months (Fingers crossed). 

Ayaan, almost every anthology has had your short story and this has given you a unique recognition. How do you feel today when people-at-large recognize you as an author?

Since my journey started in literary world, I have always preferred to be recognized as an author first and then a techie. Today, when I see it’s happening slowly and steadily it makes me feel good from within that my hard work is paying off.

Has there been any interesting experience that you’ve had with any of your fans or fellow readers?

A reader from college once pinged me after reading the book stating; once she grows up professionally she will make a movie on the story of Ami, Kolkata & Confessions, if at all I can wait for her to finish her studies first.... The revelation was simple, honest, innocent and very soulful coming straight from heart.

Ayaan, you are working as an engineer as well as an author. But which profession you like the most? 

I will say both since in this 21st century, with a pen and paper you can probably write down your thoughts but technology comes into play after that to execute that work to give it a professional touch. I am fortunate enough to be a part of both of them.

Today, you are a successful author, Ayaan and I would definitely not leave you without your message of wisdom for the budding authors. 

Think, Think and think about what different you can write which will make your work different from others. Being known as a talented writer will take you a long way to success in future compared to the Best Seller Tag, not always, but in most cases.

Thank you. Thank you so much Ayaan! It is always pleasure interacting with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow me on FACEBOOK