Sunday 13 July 2014

"Discipline and dedication can make you win any battle in life."


He’s a doctor by profession and an author by passion. Suyash’s Corner and the News-O-Holic interacted with a known face from the literary world, Dr. Rachit Bhushan Shrivastva. He spoke to us about his entry into the literary world, his books, edited anthology, etc. Read the transcripts below to find more:



Dr. Rachit, welcome to the News-O-Holic and Suyash’s Corner. Beginning with your introduction for our readers, kindly tell us something about yourself. 

Thank You. I am a doctor by profession in Cardio Thoracic Surgery Unit of Apollo Hospital and a writer by passion. All I can say about myself is that I love to write a little more than prescriptions.

You are actually a doctor but your contribution to the literary world is amazing. Tell us how and when did you realize that there is an author hidden in you?
   
Well, I took up writing out of interest. As I always say "there is an author behind every story and there is a story behind every author". Something similar happened with me when I was a medical student. I decided to pen down the experiences of my life and ended up writing a novel named By Losing You I Found How Much I Needed You. People loved the story, it became a huge hit and till date it is the only novel that has been recommended by cricket captain of India Mr. M.S. Dhoni. So, that is how a doctor turned into a writer.

What initiated your entry into the literary world, sir?

Some bitter experiences made me take up pen and paper seriously. I started blogging my story and very soon people started loving it. The blog went viral through social sites, media started following my writing and in the end publishers of various houses started approaching me. That is how a common man turned into an author.



What would you like to say about your debut novel and response that it incurred from readers?

My debut novel got a phenomenal response post release. Over 250 copies got sold in the first hour. People could relate themselves with my story and everybody loved it. Even the critics appreciated it. So I was really happy with such kind of opening. Later on, it went on to be a bestseller and that was like a cherry on the cake.

Which authors do you personally follow and whose work do you find the best? 

I have many friends in the field of literature but frankly speaking I don’t follow anybody. Yes there are many good writers but then everyone has their own style. So according to me, every writer is special because each one of them puts his blood and sweat in a book.

What is The Sparktimes and when did you start it?

The Spark Times is a media house that has been running since past 3 years. When I started my career as a writer, media used to avoid me because I was not a popular name. Also, the debutants in any field do not get the due respect for their work. It was then that I decided to come up with The Sparktimes. Initially I used to write articles about common people who had made some kind of contribution for our society. In just few months, popular celebrities started following my write ups. Then I started writing articles on cricketers, actors, politicians and authors. That is how it became popular and it is still standing tall.

Today there are many online portals, some amateur while others committed. How is The Sparktimes different from the other online portals? 

Yes there are many online portals. The Spark Times is different from them in many ways. We don’t publish write ups daily. We put it once a week and in a very simple language so that common people can connect themselves to the article. It tells people about the struggle and achievements of a person and acts as inspiration for many of the readers. People get to learn from personal experiences and that is how it is different from rest of the media portals.

Sir, you were the Guest Editor for Fusion, an anthology published by Dream House Publication. How was your experience editing those 25 Classic Stories?

It was a great experience and got to learn a lot from it. As a writer it is easy to pen down anything you feel but as an editor you have to make sure that you put up the best in front of your readers. It needs a lot of patience to be an editor. At times people are not satisfied, sometimes you have to be severe on them but as a whole it was a nice experience.

In your journey as a doctor and an author, how has your family support been?

The entire credit for my success goes to my family. It is because of them that a doctor could turn into a writer. Their love and support has always been there and I feel myself very fortunate to have them at every step of my life. Parents are your strength and their support and love makes impossible look very ordinary.

Today you have your own identity, your writings as well as your website The Sparktimes is popular. Whom will you dedicate this success, sir? 

I will dedicate my success to my family and fans. I still have a long way to go and hope that they will keep showering their love on me, the way they have been doing it in the past few years.

What are your future plans, sir?

In future I want to write more books, want to keep serving as a doctor and someday when I have enough money, I would like to open a CANCER HOSPITAL in my city.

Lastly sir, if you are invited to motivate budding authors, what would be your message of wisdom for them? 

The only message I would like to give to the budding authors is "Keep working hard, be honest to yourself, respect people, make learning a habit and one day you would make impossible look very ordinary. Discipline and dedication can make you win any battle in life’’.

Thank you so much for interacting with us, sir. It was indeed a pleasure having your interview! Thank You, sir! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow me on FACEBOOK