Monday 18 August 2014

By a proud journalist!




On a March noon, some days prior to my board exams, I was in conversation with Prashant sir, Owner of Moments Publication. The conversation on books and its promotions took a slight turn when we moved towards Media. At that time, I was the editor of a national news website. Amidst this conversation, Prashant sir told me about Spectralhues, another news website, and asked me to talk to its editor, if at all, I wished to work there. Board exams and its preparations had occupied my mind and nothing else could over power it at that moment. So, I simply noted down the website URL and other details from him and kept it on my work desk, only to ponder over it once the exams were over. 

Early in the month of April, as I was contemplating over the offer, I was a bit worried about whether the team will accept me or not. I was told to speak to the editor and I kept on delaying that out of fear. Then, on April 7, I thought to give it a try, no matter what response I get. With trembling hands, I remember dialling up the number that was answered by editor Susmita ma’am. After speaking for about 45 minutes, she told me to send my details to her and assured me that I will be handed over a story by the next day. By this time, fear had disappeared and I happily walked out of my balcony. 

News of leaking of an exam paper was my first assignment for Spectral and with great dedication, I started working over it. I remember sending the article before the deadline of 2 pm and rushing out of my house to attend a friend’s birthday bash. The story ran around evening or so and its link was mailed to me by the editor with her comments on it. 

Since then, this journey of working for Spectralhues hasn’t stopped and I hope it goes on and on in future. It is awesome working with the team and getting a regular feedback on the stories. At times, some stories that I do lack certain things. But instead of discarding it, the editor makes sure that I am told about what that particular story requires and how it can be better. Simultaneously, I am credited for those stories that are perfectly up to the mark. Every experience has taught me something new and this journey with the team has been full of cherishing moments. 

Today, Spectralhues has completed a year and the website has come up with a new version. As a journalist associated with the website, it is indeed a proud moment for me! 

I would like to conclude this piece with some lines rightly said by Susmita ma’am, in her letter addressed to staff members this morning: “The blog which started casually in 2012 is now on the verge of becoming a successful entity. The blog which was meant to be a pastime has now become our identity. The blog which was a product of hope is now a vital, vibrant reality.”  

>> Do visit the new version of Spectralhues:www.spectralhues.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow me on FACEBOOK