Monday 31 August 2015

The Spectacular Skill ‘O’ Fair!


Much like Enriching Minds-2014, Skill ‘O’ Fair-2015 was both a huge success and a learning experience! 

As I sit to write this piece, I can experience a sense of energy replace the tedium that I felt while on my way home. It is as if writing this piece is rejuvenating my mind.  After all, it has been no ordinary day; rather, one that my heart, more than mind, won’t ever let me forget. 

From chaos to cheers: we saw the situation transform for good! Early morning, the venue (the second floor of the junior college wing) was in a state of hullabaloo. The design team was busy with the last minute touch ups, a group of volunteers was ensuring everything was as planned, those incharge for the stalls were ensuring theirs was in place, and a few others were busy coordinating with the core committee.

However, what appeared to be a challenge, eased out sooner than we had assumed. The floor had been converted into a fair-like set up in no time and the fair was set to roll. Yet, as the afternoon neared, the inevitable anxiety was only surging.

Dr Suhas Pednekar, the principal of Ruia College, inaugurated the skill fair. We opened up to a flurry of visitors that wouldn’t stop even as the fair entered its final lap. The items and artefacts displayed at each stall were so beautiful and appealing that many visitors were baffled about what all they should be purchasing. Such was the elegance of the fair that none of us wanted it to conclude. And needless to say, our anxieties had dissolved on their own.


I often say this that Ruia has given me some of the best memories. And with events such as this one, the number of such memories is only spiralling upward. Skill ‘O’Fair- 2015 has truly left an indelible mark, and our purchases from the fair will remind us of this fabulous day time and again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow me on FACEBOOK