Friday 18 July 2014

"My thoughts resulted into my story," says author Deepak Kripal.

What if animals decide to form their own organization and revolt against their extincting habitat's? Well similar were thoughts of author Deepak Kripal whose debut novel has unique protagonists that have attracted readers. We spoke with Deepak Kripal and below are the excerpts of this conversation.

  • Dr. Deepak Kripal, Author, Devil's Gate : An Impossible Journey.

Welcome to the News-O-Holic and Suyash’s Corner, Deepak. Beginning with your introduction for our readers, tell us something about yourself. 

I am a huge story lover. Let us put it this way: I am a doctor who realized that writing goes much beyond prescriptions! 

When was the first time you realized that you have an author hidden in you?

It’s hard to pin point a date or time. But I developed interest in writing during my college days where I wrote some skits, plays and parodies apart from greeting cards for my friends!

  • Author Deepak Kripal posing with his book.
Deepak, your debut novel has released some months back and has received appreciation, especially for its characters and plots. Tell us, how did this come about?

Well, it came out where all incredible ideas come from – nowhere! One fine day, this thought struck me that what will happen if one day animals decide that since their habitats are shrinking to extinction levels and humans are not listening to them, they should try to forge a deal with the demons to let their co-habitat with them. This idea excited me to the extent that I sat down and thought.  These thoughts subsequently resulted into this story.

These days there are too many novels under the category of thriller, Deepak. But among them, what different does The Devil’s Gate offer to readers?

You can see it at the outset. It’s the plot.

Tell us what actually inspired you to pen down this interesting novel?

As I told you that I am huge story lover. My only intention behind writing this book is to tell a unique, exciting and innovative story that will take a reader to places and situations they have never visited. My only inspiration is my true love for good stories.

Apart from being an author you are a doctor. How is your experience in the medical field?

Well, it’s a different field altogether. And I am enjoying it totally. Doctor’s chemistry with his patient is something I find unique. May be I’ll capture it sometime as an author.
 
In your journey as a doctor and now as an author, how has your family support been?

I am fortunate to have a family who has supported me unconditionally in every field I have undertaken. I have the most incredible parents, and there is nothing that I can say to justify what they mean to me and my life. It’s something that the words can’t capture.

Deepak, what sort of response did your book receive from readers?

Response has been overwhelming for me, not only from the reader but also from the critics. I knew from the outset that readers will love this story, since I had confidence in my story but I was skeptical about the response of the critics. But their heart-warming response is something I will never forget. 

What expectations are you keeping from your debut novel?

Just one; that it touches the hearts of readers and makes their 6 hours of reading worthwhile by taking them into an enthralling and exciting journey full of mystery, innovation and wisdom!

Deepak, if you are invited to motivate budding authors, what would be your message of wisdom for them?

Just one. Be patient. Take time to develop, write and edit your story. Don’t get disheartened by the rejection of publishers. Sun will shine soon enough!

Thank you, Deepak. Thank you so much for interacting with us. It was a pleasure interviewing you. Our best wishes for your novel! Hope you keep writing! :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow me on FACEBOOK